Folders
Discussion

Adding more features to this site.. part 2

Some associations run thin on volunteers and finance.

I definitely would like membership management to be integrated in this site. If you are using an open source platform, then you can easily source the AMS modules and integrate them. Minimally an "Join Association" navigation with three features:

1. Benefits of Membership
2. Online application with payment (linked to PayPal) and welcome letter.
3. Members Directory.

Events and photos of the event demonstrate that association is active. Again an "Events" navigation, with three functions:

1. Upcoming events and paying for it (linking to PayPal), registration email.
2. Photos of the past events.
3. Presentations and summaries from the past events.

The above can also be posted on the blog of the association (pull-out info, as I mentioned in my previous comment)

Max Haroon
Discussion started by Max Haroon on 2011/11/12 4:53:00 AM about AssociCom Users
Last Modified at 2012/5/17 6:07:49 PM
Filter By     Sort By

Replies

Displaying 1 - 1 of 1
RE: Adding more features to this site.. part 2
RE: Adding more features to this site.. part 2

Some associations run thin on volunteers and finance.

I definitely would like membership management to be integrated in this site. If you are using an open source platform, then you can easily source the AMS modules and integrate them. Minimally an "Join Association" navigation with three features:

1. Benefits of Membership
2. Online application with payment (linked to PayPal) and welcome letter.
3. Members Directory.

Yes, a number of our customers are smaller associations, and they would definitely benefit from these types of features. Our existing profile system actually acts as a fairly decent, but simple, membership database and directory, so the one key feature we are missing is dues processing.

Do you think it would be worthwhile to release a version with a very simple dues system, for example, something that only handled annual dues with a single membership class, and with only LinkedIn as a payment option?
Displaying 1 - 1 of 1
We support web standards, subscribe to this discussion using RSS