Folders
Discussion

Adding more features to this site.

Thank you for your response.

Content is the King.

I will definitely encourage content to be pulled in blog, as far as social networking site is concerned, as would suggest to pull in the profile (and photo) of the new member to be pulled-in, so that the new member , does not have to enter or upload (or just minimal).

Conversely, it should do other way round (pull-off, if you will). A member gets an option to post the sites info into his/her social networking sites (SNS), without signing into any of his/her SNS e.g. For the first time "Check my new powerful social networking site with like minded professional …", then changes according to what the member is doing it. In this way we are also providing content to the members' sites.
Max Haroon
Discussion started by Max Haroon on 2011/11/12 4:38:48 AM about AssociCom Users
Last Modified at 2012/5/17 6:07:49 PM
Filter By     Sort By

Replies

Displaying 1 - 2 of 2
RE: Adding more features to this site.

Conversely, it should do other way round (pull-off, if you will). A member gets an option to post the sites info into his/her social networking sites (SNS), without signing into any of his/her SNS

Yes, this would definitely be a useful feature. In fact, I would use it myself on a daily basis if it existed because I quite frequently post interesting blog articles on community management to the library on this site, and then also post a certain number of them to AssociCom's Facebook site. So that one is definitely on our To-Do list!

I will definitely encourage content to be pulled in blog, as far as social networking site is concerned, as would suggest to pull in the profile (and photo) of the new member to be pulled-in, so that the new member , does not have to enter or upload (or just minimal).

We already have this to a certain degree in that we will integrate with an associations existing AMS database. About half our customers take advantage of this capability.

So, pulling in profile information is definitely possible, but there is a bit of a challenge in that there are so many places one could pull information from and there are no standards, so each one has to be dealt with individually. How would you prioritize integrations for systems like: Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Windows Live, Yahoo, Gravatar, etc? Are there other major platforms that you think are relevant in this respect?
Displaying 1 - 2 of 2
We support web standards, subscribe to this discussion using RSS