Folders
Discussion

Query - Development of Intermediate Admin

I was wondering what the situation is now in regards to installing not an Admin, but a lesser position, called it Moderator for example, only having the authority to 'Invite' new mbrs.

There have already been a couple of errors made by having only one class of Admin to include specific others that only need the authority to invite new mbrs. In the PPCLI case, there should be only two Admin (not incl AssociCom staff), with about 20 Moderators out of a mbrshp of 900. With 'Moderators' authority limited to only inviting new mbrs some of the errors made thus far could be avoided.

CJ
Christopher Wallace
Discussion started by Christopher Wallace on 2011/8/26 6:50:25 PM about AssociCom Users
Last Modified at 2012/7/8 9:16:37 AM
Filter By     Sort By

Replies

Displaying 1 - 3 of 3
RE: Query - Development of Intermediate Admin
The other is the mandatory completion of the member's profile as part of the registration process. Already, although less then 10% of the Association membership have joined, I would estimate 50% have failed to fill out their proifle.

Hi - Your site has been upgraded to the latest version of AssociCom which I think should handle new user registration the way that you have requested. Please give it a try and let us know whether this helps out.
Re: Msgs: A. Query - Development of Intermediate Admin
B. Library Items Automatically Att If Msg Is Sent
C. Dist Lists
D. Making Profile Fields Mandatory during New Member Registration - C...

Ack to all!

For the PPCLI Assoc the biggest issues include, having a Moderator styled admin that has the ability to ONLY invite others, and no other functions. The Admin authority current in-place are good for the couple of exisiting and truly Admin.

The other is the mandatory completion of the member's profile as part of the registration process. Already, although less then 10% of the Association membership have joined, I would estimate 50% have failed to fill out their proifle. Come Oct-Dec, when the bulk of the Association membership start being invited and join, it will become a living nightmare for them as this webmaster will be on their case 24/7 to complete their profiles. If the profile completion is mandatory in order to fully register then a lot of Patricia's will be able to avoid nightmares of a hyland Bumpsy charging out of the mountains with his calmore drawn;) Seriously though, part of the reason is to maintain a register of Patricia vets for use long after they start pushing up the daisies.

Thanks for all your help,

Bumps webmaster@ppcliassoc.ca

I was wondering what the situation is now in regards to installing not an Admin, but a lesser position, called it Moderator for example, only having the authority to 'Invite' new mbrs.

There have already been a couple of errors made by having only one class of Admin to include specific others that only need the authority to invite new mbrs. In the PPCLI case, there should be only two Admin (not incl AssociCom staff), with about 20 Moderators out of a mbrshp of 900. With 'Moderators' authority limited to only inviting new mbrs some of the errors made thus far could be avoided.

CJ

We have definitely been thikning about the potential for different "roles" in the system beyond what we currently have. We want to try and keep things as simple as possible, since this is an area in which systems have a tendency to become overly complex. At the moment, we're still in the process of getting feedback from our various users about what their needs are with respect to which current admin level features should be assignable to other users.

I have made a note of your request, and we'll let you know once we have some definite plans in place.

CJ

We have definitely been thikning about the potential for different "roles" in the system beyond what we currently have. We want to try and keep things as simple as possible, since this is an area in which systems have a tendency to become overly complex. At the moment, we're still in the process of getting feedback from our various users about what their needs are with respect to which current admin level features should be assignable to other users.

I have made a note of your request, and we'll let you know once we have some definite plans in place.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3
We support web standards, subscribe to this discussion using RSS