Folders
Discussion

Making Profile Fields Mandatory during New Member Registration - CJ

PPCLI is a private association and only an Admin can invite a new member. CJ would like to ensure that a newly invited member is required to fill out the mandatory profile fields during the registration process and before they can be fully registered. As it stands, despite having mandatory profile fields, he is having trouble getting members to fill out the mandatory fields.
Bob MacKie
Discussion started by Bob MacKie on 2011/8/22 9:53:30 PM about AssociCom Users
Last Modified at 2012/7/7 10:58:17 AM
Filter By     Sort By

Replies

Displaying 1 - 3 of 3
RE: Making Profile Fields Mandatory during New Member Registration - CJ
Have PPCLI been updated yet. I gave Bob the okay.

What I would like to see is to be able to add all the user profile fields that I design (some Mandatory, some not) show up when a new invited member registers.

Hi CJ -

PPCLI has not been updated yet, but I will ask Nic to do that on Monday. In addition to the changes to user profile fields (which I believe should do what you are looking for), there is also a significant UI upgrade for the library; it now users an "explorer" style interface, much like what is used on desktop computers for displaying files and folders. I'll have Nic let you know when the upgrade is complete. If you have any questions, just give us a shout.
Have PPCLI been updated yet. I gave Bob the okay.

What I would like to see is to be able to add all the user profile fields that I design (some Mandatory, some not) show up when a new invited member registers.

I sent Bob an image of the current user profile fields, or you can view of course on the PPCLI community under Settings.

CJ

PPCLI is a private association and only an Admin can invite a new member. CJ would like to ensure that a newly invited member is required to fill out the mandatory profile fields during the registration process and before they can be fully registered. As it stands, despite having mandatory profile fields, he is having trouble getting members to fill out the mandatory fields.

Forced entry of mandatory profile fields is a feature that we added as a result of feedback from CJ. Its in release 1.0.0.86, but PPCLI hasn't been upgraded to that version yet (we were waiting for their OK).

This doesn't address pre-existing users that don't have these fields filled out -- just new ones.

Forced entry of mandatory profile fields is a feature that we added as a result of feedback from CJ. Its in release 1.0.0.86, but PPCLI hasn't been upgraded to that version yet (we were waiting for their OK).

This doesn't address pre-existing users that don't have these fields filled out -- just new ones.
Displaying 1 - 3 of 3
We support web standards, subscribe to this discussion using RSS